Monday, May 13, 2013

April 2013

I've been away for a while. After cowtown, I was finally able to put my feet up for a bit.
I had gone from the prep for mt tremblant 70.3 to the prep for Austin 70.3 to the prep for cowtown without much of a break. All while working 2 jobs and raising to little ones.
I am now building bike and swim short course speed. Lots of FTP and vo2 max intervals on the bike and short sets with rest in the pool. The plan is to get as fast as I can between now and August before it is time to build volume again.
I skipped the Crossfit games this year. It started right after cowtown and I just didn't care. But it is good to be back in the gym. Building my oly lifts back up will help with power.
Running is on the back burner for a couple of weeks. My Achilles are both inflamed. Not ideal, but they are demanding a break so they are getting it.
Right now, I am up in the air with Ellie on our way to Florida. I am going to do some social riding up to st Augustine and get a little ocean swimming in. And hang out with my big girl before she gets too old and cool to be seen with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment