Monday, February 4, 2013

Cowtown week 13

22mi 3:09:45. Thank you very much. Last 10mi were the fastest at about 8:35 pace. Started slow, first 6mi were just under 9min pace. I didn't really watch any metrics at all. Just ran by feel. When I felt good, I sped up. Stomach was getting sour. Skipped the gel at 180min because I was almost done.
For day before nutrition, had bagel, 2bacon and egg tacos, turkey sandwich, 2more bagels over the course of the day, some chicken breast and noodles for dinner. No dessert.
Still had potty problems that I had to hold during the race. Not sure what the change was.
The other sessions of the week were unremarkable. Did a Crossfit, did a swim, hit my track session times and was a little slower than target for the 8mi tempo.
Now, how will I recover? I felt a col coming on Friday night before the Lon run. We will see what develops.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting stuff. You commented on my Austin race report and I noticed you also did a blog. I assume you are doing a recovery drink for your longer training sessions. Also, I trail run with some Ultra guys on Sundays and they got me going with Potassium pills before heavy bike rides or runs. I sometimes use them for long swims. Don't know if you do anything like that or not but has helped me quite a bit over the past 6 months or so.

    ReplyDelete