Monday, February 4, 2013

Cowtown week 14

Got on the bike a little on Monday just to spin the legs out. Walking pretty well. Achillies hurts today but not like it did Sunday. At lunch I did a timed workout consisting of 100 pull-ups, 140 push-ups and 180 sit ups.
I have a cold. Hopefully it will not become a sinus infection.
Tuesday was 8x800. My target time was 3:13 but I knew that was not going to happen. I'm flat. From the 22 or the cold or both. Times were more like 3:30. Actually, a little better for the first 5 then I just couldn't recover by the start of 6 and my times fell off a bit. 800s really suck though. Long enough for me to peg my hr, but not long enough to ever really settle in to a pace. The good news is that the achillies is better than it was a week ago. At this point, with less than 3 weeks to go getting healed and not getting sick are the top priorities.
Wednesday was to be bike intervals and a strength session. The bike was a bit weak so I bagged the strength. Still not recovered.
Thursday was a 5mi tempo and the strength I missed yesterday. The tempo was 5mi @7:40. It sounded fast by I checked my logs and I did it at 7:30 in December. By the end of the first mi I knew I was in trouble. After 2@7:40 I shut it down and jog walked the rest of the way. Still sick/not recovered.
Today is Friday. I am staying in bed.
Just too much stuff piled up at once, couple with a light day at work.
Saturday was 13mi. My plan was marathon pace. Coach mikes plan was 20 sec faster than marathon pace.
I gave his plan a shot for a couple of miles but I just wasn't up to it. My hr was elevated and my legs were heavy.
Ended up 1:54 a little slower than marathon pace with an avg hr 5bpm faster than mp.
Guess I'm still sick. Big question now is do I pull the trigger on antibiotics or try and kick it au naturale. I seem to spend most of my life with a low grade sinus infection.
I think that if I still feel it Monday I will take a short course. I'd really rather not have to though.

Sunday evening. Zero energy. Played with the kids in the pool for 30min and needed a 2 hr nap after. Gonna hit the antibiotics in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment