Saturday, October 27, 2012

Checked in

Busy day. Made big pre race breakfast at home with the kids. Scrambled eggs and pancakes with the help of a 3 yr old and a 6 yr old. We had fun but trashed the kitchen. Luckily mom was there to keep order and make sure everything was edible. After we were done, I told Terri that this must be what normal families do on weekends. I am always riding or running in he morning so I wouldn't know.
Actually, this whole taper week has been family catch up time. I made the bus stop 3 times and was at each kid's school.
The Austin 70.3 is a hassle in terms of logistics. At least compared to my tremblant. You have to drive everywhere. Lodging is 10mi away. And the town support is nothing compared to immt.
I got my t2 bag packed and dropped it off. In t2 I was reminded how this run is always slightly uphill or slightly downhill. It will not have the same ft of climb as immt but it just isnt ever flat.

My bike is checked in but I am going to wait till the morning to set up t1. Or maybe tonight.
Right now I have my shows with tow covers clipped in but the run to bike out looks a little sketchy. So that might change.
I need to re read the core diet list of what to eat for the rest of the day, go get supplies and then hunker down for the evening. I should take advantage of the fact that I am here solo to lay really low. There is no one here that I need to take care of/ look out for. I should take advantage of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment