Sunday, October 28, 2012

Race morning

530am in Austin before 70.3.
It is 46 degrees.
Over the past 12 hrs I have gotten gradually less brave regarding what to wear on the bike.
I started with just adding arm warmers and toe covers. I am now up to a jacket and lobster gloves as well.
It was suggested that I keep my wetsuit on as long as possible after I get out of the water. Go ahead and run to the rack with it on. Makes good sense.
It has also been suggested that we don't race to test our fitness. We race to test execution.
So with that, here are my execution goals:
Swim:
Stay inside. Swim as short a distance as I can.
T1: dont sprint to your bike. Put on as much clothing as you want
Bike: first 15 min look for 170w. Slowly inch up from there.
T2 this one should be shorter. Still, don't rush. Rushing could dump you into the run too hyped up.
Run: hr below 155 for first lap. After first lap, decide where you are. But no higher than 160 for lap 2.
Ok. Time to get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment