Sunday, October 21, 2012

Up off the mat

My energy is back.
Monday through Friday was rough in terms of energy/attitute.
Felt depressed actually.
Very low energy.
But I am starting to pull out. Had a good session yesterday. Last real vol before Austin. Pretty much had my fastest time ever on the 34mi loop around my house. Ran a few mi as well. And I practiced grabbing bottles while riding.
Everything i in position for Austin. Now I just need to take it easy this week and I should be in my best spot do far going into an "a" race.

I am a little bummed that my kids won't be there to see me. But that is a good bit to ask. Besides, they were there for the cowtown marathon and they will be there at the end of imfl.

So health is good. Nutrition is set and I know what my goals are for each section of the race.
Swim- take an inside line. Behind the midpoint of my wave. But close to the line. I am gonna get caught and swam over by 1 or 2 waves but it will end up being a shorter swim. Every extra 50m is an extra minute.
In t1, I am not going to run hard. I want to focus on keeping my hr down. Drink a pickle juice, eat a gel, put other pj flask and run gels in my suit pocket, put on arm coolers and go.
On the bike, I want to get ahead on hydration. Look for avg power starting at 170 for the first 5mi and moving up to 180 by the second 1/2 of the ride.
T2 is super short. Visor, glasses and go.
Run is by hr. 150 to 155 for lap1. 155 to 160 for lap 2. Lap 3 the cap in off.

No comments:

Post a Comment