Thursday, October 18, 2012

Training is not racing.

My mental tank is at zero. I am taki h today off. My body actually feels ok but my head is tired.
This feels a bit familiar though. Something about this point in the training cycle. I am about 10 days out from my race. The vol has backed off a bit but will be even lower next week.
I can see the finish line for the season and my brain may be gathering itself for one last big push.
Swimming is the hardest. I have felt this mental tiredness coming on in the pool for a week now. Group runs and bike have been easier to keep focused on.
But when the mental heaviness increased last night and then even more this morning, I knew I was taking the day off. My hunch is that if I rest enough, my body will get antsy and talk my brain into moving it around a little. Worst case, I have gotten sick at this point in my other two main races this year so let's rest and avoid that!

No comments:

Post a Comment