Monday, October 8, 2012

3 2 1

3hr interval ride Saturday. 55mi in 2:54.
Felt good. I used the new fueling plan from the folks at core diet.
Big change. Instead of 3x24oz of perform, I had 3.5 plus a gel every 30min.
The extra cal and caffeine put me in a good spot and I got home feeling great.
Then Sunday I took stepdad out for a ride to Helotes. Comedy of errors. First, the temp had dropped to the upper 40's. And he didn't bring cold weather riding clothes. I have a little so we cobbled together what we could.
Then about 1/4 of the way into the ride, going down a steep descent the front end of my bike started to shake. 35mph. Big time shakes. I managed to get out of aero and come to a stop. The front end had come loose. As I was looking at it, Sandford realized that one of his cleats is about to fall off.
So we limped in to the bike shop in Helotes for repairs. And jackets!
Today was a 1hr run. 3mi easy, 2ni hard 1mi easy. 53min.
In the afternoon, I got new bars so that I could get more forward. The bike feels and looks great. And I am broke!
Let's get out to the track tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment