Monday, June 18, 2012

Taperitis

Apparently, getting sick right at the start of a taper is not unusual.
This time I went ahead and started the Antibiotics. I will take my last dose Friday of I take them all.
I am feeling much improved and really want to train a little tomorrow. I won't. But I want to and that is a good sign.
I have been advised that this close to the race I should let go of time goals and focus on execution goals. So here they are:
Swim- get in to a rhythm. Find a stroke and sighting pattern that I can string together. I think I found it last weekend. I will practice it one more time in the pool and one more time at the race site.
Bike- maintain a steady effort. Same work level uphill and downhill. Hr in the upper 130's.
Run- pace the first 3mi at 9:30, the next 7 at 9 and the last 3 as fast as I can.
Starting to get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment