Saturday, June 2, 2012

I want to do texas.

So a big goal for 2012 is to sign up for a full ironman for 2013.
But which one?
My original plan was to shoot for Florida or Arizona like everyone else and just hope that I am quick enough with my computer to get in.
Why? Both are flat and late in the year. I have committed to the cowtown marathon in late feb for one more year and I need to see that through. That makes any race before june tough.

But I keep thinking about texas. The woodland is just a few hours away. Yes it is hot and humid. But. I know the area. And I could get out there to train on the course. And it would be easier to have family close during the race. And for some reason I just feel good about it.
I can't sign up yet. Wtc is still duri g it out with the local govt over the details for the race.
By the time registration is open, I will have raced mt tremblant 70.3.
Who knows, I might want to go back there for the full. The timing is better and I will have raced the course once already.
Yesterday was a 120min interval run. Mostly z3 and 4 intervals. I did as much hill work as I could.
Today was 25min z1 run followed by 180min interval bike. Got it done. But I couldn't get to z4 on the bike. Just didnt have the legs.
Tomorrow is 25min z1 run then a 120min bike. I have a loop that takes about that long. I will see how fast I can get through it.
I already looking through next weeks workouts for something I can skip in place of Crossfit. I miss heavy things and I miss my family there.

No comments:

Post a Comment