Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Trainer, runs and wod.

Saturday was a bike trainer day. The weather was fine but given my schedule I figured that my best shot was to get a ride in before the kids woke up.
Did an hour. After warm up I did 15 Rnds of 1 min all out, 2 min recover..
I know I was slowing down by the end because I couldn't push the same gear.
Sunday was marathon pace run. This is the end of a recovery week so the distance was 1/2 of last week's long run or 9mi. I picked up the pace a little and went at about 8:45 but I did't push. I just let myself go.
Not a taxing run at all which is really something given where I was 2 years ago.
In the afternoon I had a chance to lift. I am going out of town monday to Thursday and won't be able to oly. So I worked clean and jerk. Got 155 and had easy cleans at 165 but it wast going up. And my disks were really grumpy about it. I felt like I was getting a decent dive under but no real push up. Might have been leg fatigue from the run but my guess is lack of shoulder recruitment due to the injury..
It is good that I will be away from bumper plates for a few days. The break might work some sense into my head and help me to rest this injury.
I am in weather delay in texas on my way to fl today. If we get out of hear at a reasonable time I will be able to swim and or run when I get there.
Gonna try and run every day on this trip. Even if they have to be short.

No comments:

Post a Comment