Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bit the bullet

En called for a 2 hr run today. My previous recent long run was 80min so I had planned to go 90 and then Crossfit.
But as yesterday wore on I started to feel like the best thing to do would be to just do the run as written.
So I did. It was a mix of easy pace and faster intervals. My zone 1 pace is about 9:50. At that pace my hr is around 140. That was the base pace for about 60min with 8min and 8:30 sessions sprinkled in.
By the time it was over I was fighting to hold the 8:30. All told I covered 11.9mi in 2hrs with an avg hr of 150.
I knew that my run was weak after my injury but it was still ugly to look at the results. I have a few weeks to build endurance. If my goal is to go 6 hrs I need to shave 7min off of my October time. I know I am swimming and biking faster. We will just have to see if the run holds together.
I am confident that by the time Austin rolls around in October I will be ready.

Tomorrow will be swim only.
This weekend is a race rehearsal. 3hr bike and 30min run. Good to practice nutrition and pacing.
Sunday I will head to the lake with the wetsuit for a swim rehearsal. The Austin oly is in about 10 days and I want to get the suit wet ahead of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment