Thursday, May 3, 2012

Oh. There is the pain.

So it is two days later and I am sore. Yesterday was bad too. I guess I spoke too soon.
The good news is that it is muscular.
Yesterday was spin class. We did an endurance pyramid. Start at 65% ofax and go up by 5bpm every 5 min. Topped out at 165.
I like the idea of riding and pacing by hr for him and im distances. It is much less expensive than power and to my mind a more truthful representation of how hard I am working. There will be some days when 145bpm produced 150w and some days when it does not.
It is the bpm that tells me if I am going too hard to digest calories and that seems like the limiter for me.
For oly and below my internal Rpe is good but I tend to outpace my abilities in him and 26.2.
During my last 26.2 I watched my hr for the first 13.1 and had a more comfortable back 1/2 of the race.
I need to figure out what my target hr should be for bike and run for the longer races.

Today is cf and swim. Cf was 21 15 9 of DL at 185 and ring dips 6:08 and death by Pullup 16.
Swim was 3x 300 easy, 300tt.
What I DID was 1 easy, 1 Tt (5:46 20sec pr!), 1 easy 1 Tt (5:54 also would have been a 10 sec pr) then my motivation left me.
I did 2x100 on 15 sec rest, then 2x50 hard (45 sec) then another 100 them I just got out.
Oh well. Set a record and swam more than last session.
My hip twinges a few times but nothing major. Good enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment