Sunday, May 20, 2012

Take what you get...

Yesterday was to be my main race rehearsal for Canada 70.3.
Had a 48mi bike and a 5mi run planned.
In order to get it in and be back for the 2 birthday partied that Ellie was going to, I was up at 5 and on the road at 530.
All was well till mile 31 when I hit something and flatted. No problem. Happens in races right? Changed out my spare tube and I was off. And I flatted again. Now I was cooked. Cuz I didn't bring a second co2.
Ended up calling my father in law who has a truck.
When I got home I used the rest of my time to run.
While it was all cut short, I felt great.

Today was an interval ride. It was supposed to be 2hrs so I chose a loop that took me 1:57 last time. Got there 10min fast so I bricked a mile.

All in all, the en program feels good. I am going to stick with it till after Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment