Thursday, February 23, 2012

7 good minutes

So for the first bit of exercise since getting sick last Friday, I decided to do the Crossfit games open wod#1 last night.
I figured I would muddle through, rest Thursday, light jog Friday and rest Saturday before the 26.2 on Sunday.
Luckily, the wod was 7min of burpees to a target 6" above your fingertips.
I got 87. Getting that vertical jump in there was a real limiter. I'm not sure how the folks who got more than 100 did it.
But, it was good to move around a bit and I am glad it wasn't something that will be difficult to recover from.
I feel a little better today than I did yesterday but still not normal. Friday's jog should give me some good data about where I am at. Just a few miles at marathon pace with a hrm so I can compare to similar paced efforts before getting sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment