Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Swimming and Crossfit

Ok, missed a couple of days of writing.
On Monday I hit the pool. I thought about taking a full rest day after Sunday's brutal run but I really didn't need it.
Swam 400m then 400m of drill then 3x200 on 2 min rest and then a 100 and 2x50 to round out the mile.
Times were in the low 2's per 100m. No pr but it was fine.
On Tuesday I went to Crossfit. It felt good to have some intensity. Towards the end of the wod there were 2x400m sprints. I actually felt pretty good.
Today is Wednesday and I forcing myself to take a rest day. I don't want to. But I need to recover a bit.
I made the mistake of asking for feedback on bt about the likelihood of me going under 4hrs at cowtown. I say mistake for a few reasons. 1) my logs don't reflect the intensity of cf. they just reflect miles and my run volume, while higher than it has been in years, is lower than traditional running training. 2) I am going to go out and put down 9:00 miles till I either cross the finish line or die trying. So it doesn't matter what anyone says. I am not changing plans at this point.
Tomorrow I will cf and run an hour. Friday I will cf. Saturday I will ride my new bike!!! And Sunday I will run 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment