Saturday, February 11, 2012

Back in the saddel

Went for a 55min easy ride today. It was cold. My toes went a little numb.
But I had to take my new wheels for a spin. I got a set of hed jets. 6fr 9r. They sound cool. And of course I thought I was going much faster for the same amount of effort. It is all in my mind but who cares!
Then for fun I decided to see how fast I could do 100 pullups. 9:18 was the answer today. But I think I might be able to beat that in a better setting. My pullup bar started turning in its brackets which made me nervous which made me hold back. Still, I had 50 done in the first 3:00 which is a pr by 3 reps.
Tomorrow morning is the last long run before the only marathon of the year.
I will most likely only run more than 20mi twice all year long. Tomorrow and two weeks from tomorrow. It is ok if it sucks. It is supposed to. It is a very long way. But once it is done, I will be over the hump. Some rest and perhaps a bit of intensity late next week early week after and I am done!
Tomorrow is going to be a great day.
I took my girls to build a bear today. That place is a racket. But they had a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment