Friday, February 24, 2012

Ive got good news and Ive got bad news...

I re did cfg wod 12.1 today with the plan of running a few mi after.
The good news is that I got 102 burpees in 7 min.

The bad news is I was wrecked after. By the time I got up out the door I slow jogged 2 mi and called it a day.

The workout blew up my lungs. I couldn't get my heart rate back down.
And my hams were acting like they wanted to cramp. I feel shaky going in to Sunday. I wish I had a few more days.
But I don't. So here is the deal:
3 goals for Sunday:
1) cross the starting line and cross the finish line. Get medal #4 in the 5 medal series and live to fight another day. Take walk breaks. Treat it like the run in the 140.6 that I will do next year.
2) break 4:20. Put down as many 9:00 to 9:20's as I can and see where it gets me. A pr is a pr.
3) drop all 9's and break 4 hrs.

Amy of these will be fine. As long as I come home with the hardware, I will have succeeded. I will put everything I have out on the road Sunday. I just don't know what that will be. Regardless, as long as I am making forward progress, I will do it with my head up.

No comments:

Post a Comment