Saturday, February 25, 2012

Game time

I am checked in and have my bib #.
Nothing to do now but have dinner, rest as best as I can and give it a go tomorrow.

I don't "feel" like I am running a marathon tomorrow. Not sure if that is good bad or somewhere in between.
Might be the odd taper. Might be the fact that I have Ellie (6yrs old) with me. A 6yr old doesn't care about your target splits, your nutrition plan or your recovery socks. A 6 yr old wants to see all of the new sights. The indoor swimming pool, room service, can I have ice cream in the bathtub?
So there is very little room for me to obsess about what is going to happen tomorrow morning while she is sleeping.
But maybe that is for the best. I mean, I am going running tomorrow, not playing chess with Kasparov. There isn't that much to think about. Just keep running 9min miles till I cross the finish line. Drink a swallow of infinite each mile. Don't go out too fast at the start and don't quit towards the end.
Simple. Just not easy. But I have done this before. I know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment