Friday, February 3, 2012

Crossfit lagging

Crossfit class today. Mind was willing but the body was weak.
5x3 overhead squats at 95. Got easier as I went. To me that means this is still a mobility/stability exercise for me.

10min Amrap (10 minutes to do as many rounds as possible) of:
2 deadlifts
2 hang power cleans
2 front squats
2 push press
All at 115lbs.
If you put the bar down, do 5 burpees.
8 Rnds. I was on pace for 10 Rnds till rnd7. The last 2 took 2 min each.
The weight was just too heavy. Had to do burpees after each rnd and in the middle of the last 2 sets.

I want to get down on myself because my Crossfit is lagging. My scores are falling off. My attendance is more sporadic and I don't feel as much a part of the group as I used to.

But that is because I am preparing to hit a 25min marathon pr in 3 weeks and I am giving that priority. Priority use of my training time. Priority use of my training energy.

I may not be pr'ing or getting on the board at Crossfit. But I am pr'ing at 18 and 20 miles. And given my stated goal of a sub 4 hr marathon, that has to be an acceptable trade off. When people say that you have to make sacrifices to reach your goal, this is what they are talking about. Not just missed sleep or skipped French fries.

So this is a good sign. I am sacrificing for my goal. And so far it is working.

(that is what I would tell me if I was my coach anyway...)

No comments:

Post a Comment