Monday, March 19, 2012

1750m

Swam this morning.
1750m on way to 2k per session.
I am thinking now that ideal would still be 2 swims. Just 1 short and 1 long.
In order to hit 2k per session I will have to do longer sets or less rest.
That is fine for endurance and pacing but I won't get faster that way. Ideally I would have a 2nd short session of 30min that would be higher intensity.
I could put it together with a short run session of intervals and get the whole thing done in a lunch hr. something to consider.
My main set was 12x100 on 15 seconds rest. For average time.
My total time was 25:36 but there were 11 rest sessions or 165 sec which is 2:45. So figure my swim time was just under 23min.
That seems a little fast for me. I might have missed a 50 or 100 in there somewhere.
I was reminded of what I learned swimming last season: you reach the point of maximum suck about 400m in. Then it gets better.
With 400m of warm up and drill and 150 cool down, I swam 1750. Adding another 250 will be easy enough over the next few weeks.
I could see swimming in this short rest paced style as long as I had that Hirt intense day as well to work on speed.
This week is going to be messy. U have work commitments that will get in the way of a bike and two crossfit sessions. But I have a 3+hr ride on Friday. And I am on a week of run rest.
So I will get 3hrs of bike, 2hrs of swim and 2 or 3 hrs of Crossfit. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment