Friday, March 23, 2012

Road trip

Since swim day, I have done the Crossfit games 12.5 wod. Didn't go well.
The workout is 7min Amrap of 100lb thrusters and chest to bar pullups.
I got 42 reps in my garage. Got 48 last year.
Today, I rode from Ormond beach fl to st Augustine with my stepfather and some of his friends. It was too slow with too many stops along the way.
But Florida is a great place to ride. Super flat and really smooth roads.
Big step up from san antonio.
This was a test trip for a couple of upcoming rides. First, a century next month. Pretty sure I will
Be able to do that ok. Second the 70.3 in canada in June. I packed and unpacked the bike fine.
So from that standpoint the trip was a success.
I found a place that will let me redo the games wod tomorrow. Hopefully I will feel fresh enough to do some thrusters.
There is also a pool here so I will get a swim in as well.
My achillies has improved a lot. I am pretty much walking without a limp. I am hoping to return to running next week.
once I am back on my feet running it will be time to get committed to Canada race prep again. The water up there will be 65 so I need to get the wetsuit on and get I to some cold water ASAP.
Looking forward to the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment