Thursday, March 29, 2012

Forward and back

I woke up this morning singing the praises of my arrosti guy.
My Achilles was improved and I was walking without a limp. I was amazed. Given how slow my recovery was going prior to the visit and how bad it hurt a day prior I was amazed.
So I went to Crossfit. And Hirt it a bit.
The wod was 8rft with 1 min mandatory rest between rounds.
The goal was to go all out each round knowing that you would have time to catch your breath between rounds.
Each round was:
5 thrusters at 95lbs
10 pullups
200m run. Time was 21:12.
I dogged it on the runs because I did t want to hurt myself. But I was entry gassed anyway. This was a really great workout. I really felt like I was working.
Afterwards my achilles stiffened a bit and I am back to limping.
I think that the lesson here is that I cannot go easy in a group setting. I tried to do it at the track and I tried to do it in class and failed both times.

Tomorrow is supposed to be swimming and Crossfit. But I am supposed to host a lunch meeting at work meaning I only have the morning slot and perhaps another after the kids are in bed.
So I will swim before work and hit a garage wod before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment