Friday, March 9, 2012

Ok, new goal.

Did cfg open wod 3 today. Got my ass beat. Can't say it was my ankle. It was the damn 115lb push presses.
18min Amrap
15 24" box jump
12 115lb push press
9 toes 2 bar
4 Rnds, 17 reps.
This was about all I had too. The push press was just too many reps with too much weight for my bad form and lack of flexibility.
But it was a great workout.
So now I am forced to change my goal for the games this year. Cuz my old goal of beating my friend Dominic is looking like an impossibility. He is 6'2" and 240 and the workouts are just not falling my way. Unless the next 2 wods are pullups, muscleups, and 13.1's, I won't catch him.
But I can catch my score from last time. Last time I was 597 out of the 624 who did all the wods in the south central region. Which really means I was just too stubborn to quit when it became clear that I would not move on.
But now I have a new goal- get out of the bottom decile. Getting out of the bottom 1/3 would be a stretch. We shall see. But at least I am motivated to go for it on the last 2 wods.

No comments:

Post a Comment