Friday, March 9, 2012

6 sec per 100m

So yesterday I swam 4x400m with 2 or 3 min rest between. I was pressed for time, wanted to get my mile in and figured fewer longer sets would mean less rest time.
My times were 8:32, 32, 51 and 40.
My 400n pr is 8:08.
So was 24 sec slower over 400m than last fall.
Know what? I don't care.
If all I do is hold that deficit, then I will be 2 min slower over a 70.3 swim.
I expect that with a 3rd bike session per week that I can make up 5 to 10min easy on my bike split.
A 2min change on a 45min swim is about 4.5%. A 4.5% change on a 3hr bike is 8 or 9min.
Now, let's go see if it really plays out like that.
The cfg 12.3 wod is up. I am going to give it a try today at lunch. I rolled my ankle hard yesterday. We will see how it holds up to a bunch of box jumps.
Dom did 6rnds 21 reps. I have to get as far past that as possible to make up for the beat down he put in me in the heavy snatches. I should be able to get past him. My only concern is that the 115lb push press will get really heavy really fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment